This blog no longer exists.
You will be redirected to something cool.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fibonacci Script in Ruby

I wrote a small script that calculates fibonacci to the nth number. The script doesn't use recursion, but it's still awesome. It's, of course, written in Ruby and it looks awesome. I've decided to make this a part of a series of math related scripts that will do a few things for me:

     a. Teach me better math skills
     b. Teach me better programming skills


If you want to keep an eye on the rest of my algebra scripts, head on over to my Alg-scripts repository. Here, you'll be able to check out all those scripts as they come out. (More coming this summer.) Also, you can keep an eye on my other programming projects (you'll find my GitHub username on that Alg-scripts repo.) Feel free to fork my project. :)

When I ran my Fibonacci script (I chose to display the first 900 numbers), something interesting happened. Here is an image to show what happened. I know that this happens in nature, but in printing the numbers? Interesting, nevertheless.

0 comments: