This blog no longer exists.
You will be redirected to something cool.

Friday, April 13, 2012

One of My Linguistics Articles Went Viral!

The last week has been a real surprise! Last Thursday, I started receiving a large bit of traffic on one of my articles, which is unusual, but not unheard of. I was definitely excited, but expected it to wane over the next day or two. However, traffic went through the roof and is only just now subsiding a bit!

Thus far, I've receive 64,000 Facebook likes on my Michigan Accent article alone. There were also several hundred tweets, Pinterest pins, etc. I'm definitely excited about this! Since the article contains links to a few of my other articles, those articles have also received several thousand views a piece.

I know my traffic will go back down to normal within the coming days, but it's always nice to have a jump in traffic (and earnings.) Maybe it'll strengthen my subdomain! :)

0 comments: