This blog no longer exists.
You will be redirected to something cool.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Plugging Along; Hashes Next

Well, I finally completed the homework for the chapter on subroutines. I got help from a programmer friend who was able to decode Perl for me based on his knowledge of other programming languages. The context thing was sort of strange to him, but he understood what was going on enough to be able to be a big help to me.

I was able to complete the homework. Aside from the Internet constantly going out, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I made some mistakes in syntax, but the idea I had was in the right direction, so that wasn't so bad. The quiz questions at the end of the chapter were easy as pie, which, to me, means I probably got them totally wrong (that's how things work for me.)

The next chapter is on hashes which will be interesting. Hopefully that's fairly straightforward. We'll see, we'll see.

0 comments: