This blog no longer exists.
You will be redirected to something cool.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Perl Heredoc

I'm learning about something called a heredoc in Perl. It's an interesting concept that I've not come across so far in Ruby (although a friend tells me that this does exist in Ruby.)

Essentially it's for multi-line strings -- and they make code a quad-billion times easier to read. Don't quote me on the quad-billion thing... I'm not sure how many ease-of-reading units there are in Perl code without a heredoc nor how many there are with a heredoc.

It'll take a bit to get used to using a heredoc, especially the empty line thing -- what's that about? Well, I'll learn it!

Tomorrow I'm going to finish the lesson on the here document thing and then read up on using a heredoc in Ruby because that will be interesting. I shall post what I find.

0 comments: